Guests
Click Here To Log In
Music Player

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Is Pokemon evil? on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:04 pm

This was something I originally wrote on Yahoo answers. It was well written and thought out so I though I will share what I wrote with you guys.
---------------------------------------------------
I've been playing Pokemon since I was a young kid, I'm 15 now. I recently threw away all my Pokemon Cards, sold my latest Pokemon game, and got rid of my books. I don't own anything Pokemon now. When I was younger I would misbehave and get into trouble while being addicted to Pokemon. Now ever since I've got rid of Pokemon I haven't gotten into any trouble but been better.

I got rid of Pokemon because I saw this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqwgVo33dyA
The original video is in Spanish but it was translated in English. That girl spoke with clarity, she wasn't nervous, she didn't think of what to say it all came to her naturally, she didn't say any "umms" in her interview.So I knew this video was true.

I've watched that video 3 times, first time I saw it I thought that Pokemon couldn't be bad. Second time I began to start having doubt and started asking myself questions about Pokemon being evil. The third time I watched it I became convinced that Pokemon was satanic.

I owned a Pokemon site a while back, and I don't want to be held responsible for anyone's life if Pokemon is evil and they go to hell because I created it.I wanted to change my site's theme but instead the members started to troll me.One of the sites I was affiliated with took advantage of this and stole some members from my site to theirs. So I left that site, deleted my account and never went back to it, only once or twice to check on it.

I also read two different articles. They're both the opposite, one is defending Pokemon and giving positive statements, the other is saying negative things about Pokemon. These articles are both well written.
Negative article : http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1099/pokemon.html
Positive article : http://leto_chan.tripod.com/pokemon/editorial9.html

I really don't know what to believe, should I follow my own path? Or be another lemming and believe everything I hear on the Internet? I would like to hear your thoughts, especially if you're a Priest because I'm a religious person, I'm Catholic.

I really don't care if you say that God isn't real, or the Devil isn't real, your opinion doesn't matter to me. Just because you never experienced anything, or have legit proof. That doesn't mean they're not real. I know they're real, so kindly don't say any negative things.
------------------------------------------
Original source by me : http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Asg1XcOFjN1inzMkhej1X6vwDH1G;_ylv=3?qid=20120817100129AAeG3xR

This is not copyright, I have legit proof this is from me.


----------------------------

COME PLAY ON OURWORLD TODAY  Smile 

View user profile

2 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:52 pm

I'm not seeing the point of this, how is pokemon evil?

View user profile

3 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:25 pm

I don't believe Pokemon is satanic or evil. I haven't been interested in Pokemon since I was a kid though.. It has some good concepts... It helped me with math in a fun way (counting to see how much damage etc).

I think you should follow what you believe and not what people want you to. If you personally believe Pokemon is evil than do that because you think it is but, if you question if it is or not maybe it really isn't.


----------------------------

ADMIN || Moderating Color


View user profile http://princeznareviews.blogspot.com/

4 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:30 pm

Princezna8 wrote:I don't believe Pokemon is satanic or evil. I haven't been interested in Pokemon since I was a kid though.. It has some good concepts... It helped me with math in a fun way (counting to see how much damage etc).

I think you should follow what you believe and not what people want you to. If you personally believe Pokemon is evil than do that because you think it is but, if you question if it is or not maybe it really isn't.

Thanks for a good response.
+1


----------------------------

COME PLAY ON OURWORLD TODAY  Smile 

View user profile

5 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:51 pm

I don't belive it. How can pokemon series be a evil one. It is my favorite cartoon.

View user profile

6 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:45 pm

It's just changing your personality


----------------------------

View user profile http://www.graphiczone.forummotion.com

7 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:57 pm

I don't think pokemon was evil; if you asked the creators right now... they would not say they were up to no good and try to brainwash people or something like that.
It's all light hearted in the making.. not intended to be evil at all... because it's not really evil to being with.


----------------------------

View user profile http://w11.zetaboards.com/SuikoKyaCross/index/

8 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:43 pm

Pokemon isn't evil, it's just a game, a kids game. Of course people are addicted to it and behave differently, but that happens with any (good) game. Of course, after 3rd gen Pokemon were becoming different from the animal/plant-like creatures they were, but never become satanic in any way. As Leo told me, the new Kyurem forms are looking like demons, but that is just to make it look cool, as children for some reason love evil creatures. And not to forget: Satoshi Tajiri started the first Pokemon based on his hobby: collecting bugs. So the game is about collecting and having thm grow up. Nothing evil about that IMO, that's just life.

View user profile

9 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:04 pm

If Pokemon wasn't evil/satanic then why is there banned episodes? Like the Porygon seizure episode and Jame's breast exposure ?

If Pokemon is supposed to be good and they're best friends with the trainers, then why are they locked inside a Pokeball and only come out to battle? That's like being slaves. What if we are the ones being caged and when we only come out to work and faint ?

Also, if Pokemon is supposed to be based off real animals. Why is there Genies? And the Kyurem zekrom forms look like demons? They don't look like any animal I've seen


----------------------------

COME PLAY ON OURWORLD TODAY  Smile 

View user profile

10 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:44 pm

In my opinion, Leo. You're over analyzing it... it isn't meant to be anything evil.. it's all light hearted.. you're just over dramatizing it.
The Porygon episode was just a stupid mistake the video editors they made; they wouldn't have done that on purpose.


----------------------------

View user profile http://w11.zetaboards.com/SuikoKyaCross/index/

11 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:22 am

Dear Leo, this is what I think (sorry to be blunt about it in advance):

I don't believe games can be "evil". It is meant for fun, so I don't believe someone would ever want to create a game for the sake of turning people into bad ones solely. That is the side effect when games fall into the hands of people who can't think straight. I have heard of people who do murder or what other bad things who are gamer, and somehow inspired by the game. Some may blame the game, but I would blame the person. Everything rests at our hand and mind, not from the game itself.

You are in a diet program, you see a food you want to eat, you eat it, then you're angry because you fail your diet program. Is the guilt at the food? No, it's at you for not deciding against it.

Back to the topic, is Pokemon evil? I will surely say no. In what terms of evil things? If it's because bad things happened to you because of Pokemon, it could be coincidence and you're placing the guilt at the wrong side. Some episodes may have scenes which are not appropriate for children, thus banned. However banning the episode doesn't necessarily protect the children from pornography, for example. It rests on how the family brought up the child, and how careful the child is. If you are asking about the system of the game, well... I don't follow Pokemon, but I don't slightly think that Pokeballs turn the monsters into slaves. Wild and rare monsters must be contained, of course. Unless you're saying zoo is evil as well? Demon forms worried you? They are monsters. Of course there bound to be "bad" monsters. Imagine if you are watching a series composed of happy, kind, good, lovely, handsome monsters/characters only. Eventually it will become boring. There has to be a contrast.

In my opinion, Leo, you are a little bit over the line there. I don't know the severity of bad things happened in your life which are related to Pokemon, so I could be wrong. However, remember this whenever something happened to you: did you have a choice when you did that bad thing? Because if you did have a choice and yet you still chose to the bad thing, you have to start questioning if you put the blame at the correct party.

Sorry if I offended you in any way, no such thing intended. (Again, it returns to how you view things, no? Razz)


----------------------------

Auroram videre potest mane tempus expergiscendi.



uRandom Support Moderator || Moderating Color
View user profile http://generalita.co.cc/

12 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:50 am

People claimed to have seizures after watching the birthing scene in Breaking Dawn. I watched it and it didn't have any effect on me. I don't think the creators of pokemon made Porygon seizure episode on purpose to be evil.

A lot of shows have a few banned episodes but, that doesn't make it a evil thing. Some people are more uptight on what should be aired.


----------------------------

ADMIN || Moderating Color


View user profile http://princeznareviews.blogspot.com/

13 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:12 am

Hotspot wrote:In my opinion, Leo. You're over analyzing it... it isn't meant to be anything evil.. it's all light hearted.
This is light hearted.

This is evil.

Remember when Pokemon actually used to look like real animals? That was what Pokemon was based from originally. These two Dragon Pokemon forms don't even look like dragons..
That was a Dragon.

Princezna8 wrote: A lot of shows have a few banned episodes but, that doesn't make it a evil thing.
A supposedly Children show makes an episode of a guy holding a gun straight at Ash? What does that tell the kids?
http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/035ps1.shtml

http://serebii.net/anime/banned.shtml

chronicle wrote:
I don't believe games can be "evil". It is meant for fun, so I don't believe someone would ever want to create a game for the sake of turning people into bad ones solely. That is the side effect when games fall into the hands of people who can't think straight. I have heard of people who do murder or what other bad things who are gamer, and somehow inspired by the game. Some may blame the game, but I would blame the person. Everything rests at our hand and mind, not from the game itself.

You have a point but it's a world-wide fact, that anything we see on a TV screen or whatever.. We want to do in real life , which causes bad things. Like pretending you're superman and you break your neck. More responsible people and mature people such as adults probably won't have any affect on this because they know from right to wrong. But what about children? They're still growing up and they want to be like their favorite cartoon. I used to always wish Pokemon was real, that I was in the TV show of Pokemon,I used to always say I wanted to be a Pokemon Master.

chronicle wrote:
Back to the topic, is Pokemon evil? I will surely say no. In what terms of evil things? It rests on how the family brought up the child, and how careful the child is.
Everything from what I've witnessed over the years. If it wasn't evil there wouldn't be these things in Pokemon. And I was raised well and right.I'm not a rude ,jerk,mean person.
chronicle wrote:
Demon forms worried you? They are monsters. Of course there bound to be "bad" monsters. Imagine if you are watching a series composed of happy, kind, good, lovely, handsome monsters/characters only. Eventually it will become boring. There has to be a contrast.
Monsters are more of a reality than you can ever imagine. There is a difference between a "bad" character and an " evil " character.

chronicle wrote:Because if you did have a choice and yet you still chose to the bad thing, you have to start questioning if you put the blame at the correct party.
Yes I put the blame on the correct party. Ever since I've stopped playing Pokemon, collecting the cards and watching the show. I've become more responsible, respectful,got in trouble less and listened better.

chronicle wrote:
Sorry if I offended you in any way, no such thing intended. (Again, it returns to how you view things, no? Razz)
That's okay, you didn't offend me chronicle. Thanks for the post!


----------------------------

COME PLAY ON OURWORLD TODAY  Smile 

View user profile

14 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:33 pm

Pokemon isn't evil in my opinion.

View user profile

15 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:34 pm

chris123678 wrote:Pokemon isn't evil in my opinion.
Why do you say that?


----------------------------

COME PLAY ON OURWORLD TODAY  Smile 

View user profile

16 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Leo wrote:
chris123678 wrote:Pokemon isn't evil in my opinion.
Why do you say that?

I was a fan of Pokemon for a while now, I'm not really into him anymore, but I just never found him evil.

View user profile

17 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:51 pm

There are no such things as evil Pokemon. Just trainers who use them for evil.

View user profile

18 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:27 am

Pokemon is and will always be part of my childhood, I still like it now.
I understand when people call it evil though, because yeah, you capture little animals with great powers on little poke balls and you make them fight. That is not right, but it's not real either.

View user profile

19 Re: Is Pokemon evil? on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:55 pm

I don't like Pokemon like I used to and I don't hate it. I still play the older games every now and then. Shrugs


----------------------------

COME PLAY ON OURWORLD TODAY  Smile 

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

 

Social Media Buttons